1 post per page

Friday, August 14, 2026

Janani Janmabhoomi

 

Janani Janmabhoomi



Happy 80th birthday to My Bharath, India, Hindustan . As We celebrate our freedom. I still feel moved by Our National Anthem & Vande Mataram. Yet, there’s  a lurking fear that patriotism is gradually taking on  shades of  an organized cult & showing   parochial. narrowness .  My idea of expressing  love for my country seems to be grossly  outdated  &  weak today.

Performative, aggressive acts of national devotion seem to be   replacing genuine civic responsibility..Instead of supporting the country’s laws, welfare, and constitutional values, it relies on loud symbolic, mob behavior like

:1. Posting  various profile frames,  melodramatic nationalist rhetoric, on Social Media without addressing real local issues & chanting slogans in public spaces as a  show Patriotism

2.Treating national flags or anthems as tools of moral superiority rather than respecting them as shared cultural history

3.Taking the law into one's own hands under the banner of protecting national or cultural pride, which often harms community safety.

:4. Praising armed forces  loudly online while completely ignoring the actual welfare of soldiers, Martyrs’ family veterans,

5.Shirking basic responsibilities like paying taxes, following traffic laws, protecting Historically relevant  Monuments  while professing  extreme love for the country.

. Even so, I still love my country.. Here are the patriotic things I did early in my life:

Learning the national anthem at school and the national pledge a little later was one of my foremost patriotic acts. I can still sing  the anthem fluently and recite portions of the pledge without referring. On this Independence day I make the following simple Resolutions to help me “grow” personally while honoring my country.


1.I pledge to keep my  neighborhood clean, respect civic rules, practice kindness, and build daily habits that support a stronger, greener society.

2. Stop littering and carry my trash until I find a bin.

3.Follow traffic and safety rules on every single ride or walk.

4.Save water and electricity at home to conserve national resources.

5.Plant a sapling  at every opportunity and take care of it as it grows.

6.Treat people from all backgrounds with same respect and kindness.

7 support a child's education.

8.Focus on honest work and continuous self-improvement.

9.Try to recite our National Pledge in its entirety without help .

10. And seek God almighty’s blessings to fulfill the Resolutions

 

      जननी     जन्मभूमिश्च    स्वर्गादपि    गरीयसी

 

 

No comments:

Janani Janmabhoomi

  Janani Janmabhoomi Happy 80th birthday to My Bharath , India , Hindustan . As We celebrate our freedom. I still feel moved by Our Nat...