1 post per page

Saturday, October 10, 2026

Stalked ……….by biodatas.com

 

Stalked

          ……….by biodatas.com

 

I officially closed our  premium matrimonial account eleven  years ago. I paid our dues, endured  those awkward  online “meet-and-greets", and eventually realized that finding a match via compatibility Processing was about as effective as predicting rain by looking at fermented idli batter. I clicked "Cancel Subscription," received my confirmation email, and breathed a sigh of relief. I was free………….or so I thought.



As it turned out, entering a Tambrahm matrimonial database is less like signing up for a service and more like joining a highly organized, relentless digital cult. You can check out anytime you like, but your jaatakam and sub-sect details will be used to target you until the  death of the universe.

Lately,(ie. as late as 11 years.later ) my inbox looks less like a personal email account and more like a desperate, automated matchmaking convention at Mylapore Fine Arts during Marghazhi season. Despite my account being completely, thoroughly,  absolutely lapsed, the platform has decided that the  marital status of the profile  is still an open-ended debate. Suddenly,every morning from last seven months , I am greeted by  notifications flashing messages of extreme life-or-death urgency: “Urgent ! 47 USA-Settled MS/IIT Software engineers with Pure Veg Habits are Waiting for your Bio-Data! ”



First of all, I highly doubt forty-seven  Silicon Valley techies are collectively sitting around  a cafeteria waiting for this particular  profile, who has grown up   eating   thayir sadam  for breakfast,lunch & Dinner. Second of all, where were these enthusiastic, professionals when we were actually paying a hefty monthly premium month after month ? Back then, the algorithm’s top recommendation for our profile  was a lass  whose primary personality trait was "can recite four  lines of a slokam" and a profile picture featuring a blurry photo of her  family's vintage Bajaj Chetak.

The marketing strategy has shifted from polite suggestion to emotional sabotage. I regularly receive subject lines like, “Is your wife  getting impatient for a daughter-in-law?” which is a fascinating psychological tactic.The site has somehow adopted the persona of an overbearing, filter-coffee-addicted Grand Aunt  who refuses to leave your living room until you show her a few selected horoscope charts.

The sheer variety of the "Exclusive, Limited-Time Offers" we receive is staggering. Apparently, because our account lapsed, we are now eligible for the "Early Bird Sani Peyarchi Discount," followed closely by the "We Miss Your Wallet Sale," and the incredibly specific "Get 40% Off Because We noticed you Logged In from an IP Address near a Kalyan Mandapam in Tirumanancheri”

They’ve also started sending me daily "Matches of the Day" with profiles completely greyed out, accompanied by text that reads: “Unlock Sumithra’s face and Gothram for just Rs.99.99 !” It’s a bold business model, transforming the sacred bond of marriage into a pay-to-play commercial mobile game

I’ve tried blocking the emails. I’ve tried marking them as spam. But this matrimonial site operates with the persistence of a horror movie villain—or a pesky relative at a family wedding. I could delete my email address, move to a remote cave in the Western Ghats, throw my phone into a holy river, and I am entirely convinced a carrier pigeon would still arrive with a scroll reading: “ Last Chance! Special Premium Discounts only for you!  ………  for Rahu Ketu Dosham profiles accepted! ”

South Indian matrimonial websites have achieved the impossible: they took the traditional, meddling neighborhood “ maami ”, digitized her, expanded her hobby  using online servers, and slapped a hefty monthly subscription fee on her nosey habits. It is a brilliant business where love is optional, but a biodata PDF with a blue background is mandatory.

So, here’s to the matrimonial platform. Thank you for believing in our matrimonial aspirations far more than our  own astrologer ever will. And more importantly, thank you for reminding us every single day that while finding a match  is hard, a relentless marketing algorithm is truly forever.




 

No comments:

Stalked ……….by biodatas.com

  Stalked           ………. by biodatas.com   I officially closed our  premium matrimonial account eleven  years ago. I paid our dues, e...