1 post per page

Monday, September 11, 2023

Pry Zone….a slippery slope

 

Pry Zone

       ….a slippery slope

 

 

If “Wrong number”  was the source of irritation that one had to suffer during  the days      of the bulky “Stationery” Bakelite contraptions called Telephones,  flawed, accidental     e -mail forwards   (spam?) are the cause of annoyance   in the modern day ..

I happened to receive one such mail,  a portion of a “letter” , and I must admit that      I read through it ( call it wicked sense of curiosity).and  I was laughing like a drain .

and cannot restrain myself from reproducing the same. So here it goes

……….Since you insisted,  I travelled to Bangalore and called your father on phone and enquired if I can meet him. He said that he was very busy in the office, and  could  meet me in the evening. “ can you meet me exactly at 5.15 pm at Adayar Ananda Bhavan (A2B), sampige Road” ?  I was mighty pleased “ A very dutiful father” I presumed.




Zig zagging through traffic snarls at great risk I reached A2B.There he was! Seeing him seated at the table by the widow my first reaction was ** “How did a buffalo give birth to a doe”? I was bewildered. Though the doe would have only mild reservations being compared with you, the Buffalo would most certainly be livid . Alas! I failed to notice his greedy eyes that indicated he was capable of devouring everything in the restaurant excepting the  furniture. Resigned to the fact, I decided to order some snacks hoping to   express our plans to him soon after.

Courtesy,your father, the waiter made  not less that 50 trips from kitchen to table Even as I was praying that that his gastronomic frenzy would abate, he tapped on my shoulder and ruefully remarked “ I’m getting on in years, so  not able to eat as well as I used to”!  He veered off  to “beverages” : Rose milk,Badam milk, lassi…….

 


Even as I breathed a sigh of relief ”at last he is done”, he ordered “Jamoon” ! .I bet no one can spot six differences between your father and a temple elephant,except that elephants do not consume  paan. Masala

 “ It is always good to finish with an ice cream” he winked. The word “finish” promised some hope.  I seized the opportunity

'Sir, I like your daughter, I want to marry her. I called you just to talk about it', I began the conversation slowly. ' Oh! Then are you not the one who met me at                ' Vidyarthi Bhavan ' in Basavanagudi last week to talk about the same thing, brother,”? he queried, looking  surprised. Only then I realized that your  whole family is going about with a professional touch to target  someone just for the sake of snaring prey.

 

Getting ready to leave your father blurted  'Brother, this is an important   issue, we can't  conclude  anything in one sitting, come to CTR Malleswaram  same time tomorrow evening...  we’ll  talk.'  It's a shame that I didn't  carry  a gun ..

By the way, having witnessed your exploits at coffee day,pizza hut etc I can now safely conclude that all the bills you pay is  because of a genetic problem.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**All characters, (Buffaloes, Doe included)  and incidents portrayed are fictitiousAny resemblance to persons, living, dead or otherwise is purely unintentional .and accidental. & should not be inferred (unless some nut  decides to test fertility of his brain )

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Note:While   Mark & delete is the most appropriate action to deal with ‘flawed’ forwards, the mischievous, probing instinct occasionally nudges one to intrude into boundaries of personal space of others, causing much mirth. among busybodies. Certainly not a good occupation.

On these (Rare) occasions  the best  practice is to   open,read,mark & DELETE as this post deserves to be.

 

3 comments:

YOSEE said...

Most interesting “wrong number” !
Do young people of present times write such
long , eloquent letters ?
I thought their language had shrunk to emojis , abbrvs and acronyms .
The writer of this mis-delivered missive deserves an alliance in a family that has enjoys literature beyond that on Menu Cards .
Wishing him well 😊

Bungle Bee said...

Since he didn't carry a gun, probably he used the pen to stab away

Arun Visweswaran said...

Hilarious. I suggest we meet at Amritsar Dhaba to figure out the possibility of producing a play around this plotline.

: emotional conviction , the Impact of spiritual force

  I had heard several stories about the Popular Mahashivaratri Padayatra to Dharmasthala. Piligrims from all walks of life embark on this ...