1 post per page

Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Talk with the deaf ……………dance with words!

Talk with the deaf

       ……………dance with words!

 

Faced with the effects of sudden loss of a routine and occasional bouts of insecurity,   

emotional rewards come from running errands & involving in some domestic chores

The loss of a routine  occasionally sets off  bouts of  sadness, hopelessness &  a  feeling  of being        lost . Managing the condition itself turns into  main occupation.

Once in a while an opportunity for purposeful interaction crops up promising a bit  of  intellectual stimulation, achievement and satisfaction .  Here's  one   such Incident 

I  was leaving home to the public office in a hurry to meet a certain Bureaucrat who was arriving from Bangalore.I could not suppress a sense of excitement within me  .” Like old times” I said to myself.

Settling down in the visitors' room, I waited in anticipation, After what felt like an   eternity, the attender in white uniform walked in & announced    that “ Sahebru”   had cancelled his visit.

While Driving back , I noticed that there was  some kind of calmness .The usual noise and commotion  in the city seemed very  subdued,



Suddenly I remembered “Domestic” responsibility. I arrived home & marched triumphantly to the dining room carrying a bagful of fresh vegetables and   expectations of acknowledgement for my commitment.The house was quiet and tranquil.

The lunch session was in progress. There was only a perfunctory glance at the Vegetables and nothing more.

As I sat down for lunch,  the monologue was delivered “you marched off as if only  you can hold       up the world from tumbling” !  “There I was  screaming my head   off asking you to buy Tea     leaves and my tablets and you just  walked away…..  inanities.   inanities.    Inanities”.

The bag of vegetables was was being unpacked .I was  gazing dolefully. As the packet  of Tea leaves was brought out from the bottom of the bag,a mellow voice  uttered “I have prepared Your favourite Coconut Chutney” and the bowl was paced   in front of me. 

Before I could even finish thinking how nice it would be if life was always this calm  and serene  two little ear plugs; my  "hearing aid" which  I had not plugged on that  morning grinned  at me  from the side table.


Without doubt, consequences would have been disastrous, If the “Sahebru’”had kept   his appointment, 

1 comment:

YOSEE said...

One thing is certain : a guardian angel paid you a visit that day !

: emotional conviction , the Impact of spiritual force

  I had heard several stories about the Popular Mahashivaratri Padayatra to Dharmasthala. Piligrims from all walks of life embark on this ...